Thursday, December 31, 2009

18 weeks and counting!!




Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. Your baby is the size of a sweet potatoe!!

Well, I had my first unofficial ultrasound today!!! It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Glory be to God!!! That is all I can say. Seeing my sweet baby for the first time move and suck his/her thumb, flip around, etc. is just awesome. Michelle a friend of mine that works with me in the PACU at Children's went down the hall to ultrasound with me. One of the girls was sweet enough to do an ultrasound on me. Everything looked normal to us, which was a breath of fresh air. My official ultrasound where they measure everything and really check everything out in detail (if mom and I have anything to do with it!! ha!) will be Jan. 13th. I hope that baby boy/girl opens his/her legs, b/c today he/she was refusing. Oh, and Baby Iffland waved at us also. It was like he/she was saying, "Hey, I see you, and I'm not going to let you see what I have down there until Zach is with you!!" So, I'll be good and wait. As for me, I'm feeling great!! No nausea/vomiting, and lots of energy. My hair and nails are growing fast. My face is breaking out "more than usual". I am not sleeping well at all. I think this is God's way of getting me used to being sleep deprived when Baby Iffland comes. Gosh I already love this sweet baby so much already! Thank you Lord for your blessings!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and Baby Iffland so much.

I can't wait to see what you are....a sweet baby boy and a sweet baby girl!!

God bless our baby and our Mandy.

Love, MOM (alias....Mee Mee)

Amber said...

Getting so excited for you Mandy!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having! I know 2010 is going to be a great for your family!!! :)

Keri said...

How exciting! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!